THE KOCHI ZEPHYR

                                              
My work about Kochi hangouts on The New Indian Express-Kochi Express
The refreshing puff of air in every nook and corner of Kochi is a bolt from the blues for anyone in and around this jovial location. The quest to know about the recreational solace ,relaxing points, hangouts and camping of Kochi gems has its clarity when we come to a point where bike rides,photography,chit chats and get -togethers demand the thrust areas of Kochi. "There is a sense of peace in the enchanting spots of Kochi,my favourite is the Goshree road,Queenswalkaway;my mind goes into a harmony here" this is what Mario D'Silva an IT student had to opine giving a relieving sigh and a gaze at his much loved site.


THE NATURAL KOCHI SHADES
That awe-inspiring matter about Kochi is its people and their choice.They say ,in malls we get a rich and royal welcome ,the cusines with crystal plates and other extravaganza, but the breathtaking locations of Kochi is its areas that are not always on limelight. "I look forward to the naturally bliss-filled areas rather than the malls or confined buildings "commented Chyme Dema ,a student from Bhutan.
"Hangout is in synonym with Kochi" says Abhishek E.B a literature student with highspirits about his all time bike riding zones. "I feel on pinnacle of joy when taking a ride on the Container Road,Marine Drive and trying my bike cornering techniques there" he adds up with chuckles.


THE BEAUTIFYING BEACHES
Stephanie Kunda ,a Zambian student pursuing her media course in the Northern India ,Punjab, thinks her visit to the Southern India would have its curtain rising with Kochi.She pinpoints about the beaches of Kochi with pomp and vigour.She says"The beaches here!!!!is what makes me yearning to visit Kochi.The Vypin beach enthuse me for its ecstatic atmosphere..the cool ambience..and the harbours often tire my camera..because I don't think I would ever stop clicking photographs in there..I am forseeing myself on the Vypin beach next vacation".


THE FUNFILLED POINTS.
Fort Kochi and its numerous cafe points that has made its space in movies too are the astounding locations making any Malayalee surge with proud." You would fix your eyes and never take it back from its scenic beauty " is what every kochite reply when confronting with a question on Willington Island.And so is the place ,one would say without any ambiguity that everywhere you see is a photograph in Willington Island"..The Willington Island has got its vibrance since its crowned with the title of 'largest man-made island in India'.And its alluring look is what drags me to the place.My friends often say a simple walk on Willington Island pathways changes the whole mood..Its colourful and simply elegant" adds Rahul ,a BBA student.


THE CAFE SPHERES
"Kochi cafes are mesmerizing ;I love its interiours specially...,its different with its thematical style ..what drives me more is its look..some of them has a vintage tint.I have adopted this Kerala Cafe style in my design research too. And my favourite is Kaashi Art Cafe.."highlights Mariya john, an interiour designing student.Whilst Aparna a media student from Kochi goes talkative about her hometown hangouts .She says ",Donut Cafe ,Cafe Papaya are always in list when get togethers are planned.I have missed many spots and thats what is special about kochi, every corner is a hangout for its homely nature.Chai Coffee is a perfect morning cafe."


THE STREET STOP BYS
"A fine night ride and then a tea or coffee from the street kiosks will make my day.The street Thattukadas are must stop bys ,I take light snacks from Cocoa tree Cafe ,Tonico Cafe and so on with friends else my regular visiting corners are the Thattukadas of Kochi..it makes me fall in love with the place.Lesser cost and larger quantity is my way of chosing edibles" adds up Alfred Vincent ,a student.


THE MOMO FEVER
The Momo corners rising up is another vital matter of notice."We have Momos in Assam ,the yummy filler stuffed in the white flour .Our recipes go wide with Chicken momos,meat momos,cheese momos,fried momos,steam momos,veg momos and so on..Kerala is a lovely place and when my friend from Kochi said that their Cafes experiment momos ,its a surprising mix ;Its like welcoming us to visit Kochi "opines Anindita ,a Microbilology student from Assam".And adding more flavour to this view ,Anna a schoolgoing girl from thrissur comments" My get togethers should be less expenssive ,very affordable, filled with tasty and yummy snacks,joyful and so 'Shifu Momos' is my Cafe option"


THE MOVIE-FILLED AMBIENCE
The potraying of certain locations in movies have infuenced the youth to a large extend.Red velvet cake and Pepper House Cafe ;the cafe agape in Malayalam movie Premam is still on demand " adds Eva Binny, an Mcom student. I often visit this cafe and recall the movie shots ,the movie as in comes to my mind when I spent my leisure time in the Pepper House Cafe.My parents say I am still in the Premem movie Halo."she added with a giggle.


QUALITY IN ZENITH-THE KOCHI AURA
The architectural quality and design richness in the structure of Kochi buildings make anyone grab his camera and keep on clicking snapshots,its the cream of Kerala.
"Kochi always tops my vacation trip-wishlist.I have heard alot about the place from my Indian friends.I look forward to its Cuisine and other fascinating spheres.Well..the archeloogical importance of the place is something I would like to pen in my diary "notes Agnes Almasy from Tanzania. Taking every nuances of Kochi one can notice a culmination of art,culture,tradition with its contemporary tinges .In here its a full fledged hangout package.

One will be smitten into the Kochi aura with these hangout regions.


-ATHIRA ELSSA JOHNSON

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PENNING HONOUR......

CYCLING; THE NOVEL FAD

How Unbelievable got it right