On this dry land.


Here on this dry land
I want a budgie aviary and chicken coop
Down there in the mushy land left untouched
I want that area fenced with ducklings quacking
My bitches should run free from ppl who poison
A fish pond with little guppies and lawn that resemble a valley
A swing in the middle of the kitten house with that song of Elvis as backdrop
Majestic trees with seating space, so that my lover can sneak in and we ll chat.
Aloes with thick skin and succulents to decorate,
This dry land will turn all flexible and nicer
Bunnies will have varieties of edibles from my kitchen garden
I won't listen to the oldies jus because they are old
I will listen to the chirping and quacking and barking and meowing
I will stare at the books in the home library and groom all those climbers near the shelves
Kids from my town will then read Marx and Ambedkar, they will grow into smart bibliophiles
Discourse and change will no longer be far fetching dream but real and happening in the place I reside
Farmers will unite so will all the workers in the place
Unions and campaigns of love will prevail and the new dawns will shine red
Art will be accessed to every nook in the town were artists with purpose will annihilate hatred frm the very root
No lies, no agendas, no false claims will shaken the spirit of this changed land
Differences welcomed, dissent embraced, diverse in all spheres
This land will know no hate
This land will nurture its people
We will burn idols that seperated us, texts that preached us wrong
Priests and godmen and quacks will no longer disseminate lies
And here on the then dry land we sing and dance
We film moments, we talk back and fight only to coin the best idea of all
We laugh with our pals, also they offer their shoulders wen we cry
Under the majestic trees with fine seating space we all play and giggle
Here my lover wudnt have to sneak in fear, surging with proud to have each other , we will chat long like the budgies in my aviary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PENNING HONOUR......

CYCLING; THE NOVEL FAD

How Unbelievable got it right